Re: [squid-users] cache_peer weighting

From: Tony Dodd <tony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:43:46 +0000

Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Looks good. Just missing a cf.data.pre write-up for squid.conf
>> Adrians call on the commit though.

Added the writeup to cf.data.pre, and I've also added a fall back, so if
name= hasn't been specified on the config line, it will use the old
hashing mechanism (out of interest, is there a reason p->name inherits
p->host if name= is not specified?).

Latest patch is: http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=1550

> I don't know enough about CARP or Hashing algorithms to know if thats
> a "correct" implementation or not. I'd like others' opinions.

I agree with Adrian, that before it gets committed, we should wait and
see if anyone comes up with any reasons why it shouldn't go in.
Definitely thin ice here as far as whether we're going to break anything
outside of squid if it gets enabled.

--
Tony Dodd, Systems Administrator
Last.fm | http://www.last.fm