Re: [squid-users] cache_peer weighting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:43:08 +0100

On ons, 2007-12-19 at 09:33 -0700, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> What if Squid is not the only device doing CARP in a given environment?
> It may be important to allow the administrator to configure Squid
> hashing to match that of other devices so "extending" the hashing specs
> may require an option to turn the extensions off.

The details on how to build an array of CARP caches is unspecified, and
generally involves a out-of-band CARP array manager. So it's quite
unlikely to see Squid in the same CARP array as other vendors, or even
CARP peerings with other vendors..

It's a very draft draft, expires long long ago.

Nice idea, but not many catched on. But there is users such as
Wikipedia..

So I am not afraid of chaning the CARP hashing in relation to other
vendors. As long as it works with Squid's of old and new version it's
fine.