Re: async-calls squid3/src comm.cc,1.81.4.16,1.81.4.17

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:03:58 +0900

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> Ok. The AsyncCalls is just a development branch, if something causes
> more problems than it solves always can fixed or just dropped.
>

> > Ah, so SendComplete is being called via an async call gate after
> > the fd has been thrown?

> Yes the SendComplete called via async call.
> But after my latest patch the fd thrown after all related comm handlers
> called.

Hm, thats generally why one of two things happen in other heavily
async event type code:

* you either provide a way to cancel events and make sure you do (which
  I think you do!); and/or
* you have a way to signal an abort (like how cbdata lets you free stuff
  thats still referenced elsewhere) and let the event callback occur
  but have it "abort".

Anyway, enough on that topic; I've got a copy-less http header parser
to introduce to client-side code. :)

Adrian