Re: astyle

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:15:52 -0700

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 23:55 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
> Alex Rousskov wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 13:05 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
> >
> > I suggest removing break-blocks both because of the above bug and
> > because it is trying to detect "unrelated blocks, classes, etc." which
> > smells too much like AI to me.
> >
> > The --brackets=linux (-l) option is useful though. Can you check whether
> > there is another --brackets option that works without the above bug and
> > does the subset of what --brackets=linux does?
>
> We can only use the --brackets=break option which works well.
> This option format the code as:
>
> void Foo(bool isFoo)
> {
> if (isFoo)
> {
> bar();
> }
> else
> {
> anotherBar();
> }
> }
>
> (This format is awful but considering the hours I spent to merge the
> HEAD in async-calls ... it is the best :-) ! )

What do others think regarding making the above a temporary format
default until astyle improves or a better replacement is available?
[Not] spending hours on merging branches can be a strong-enough
motivation to use less-than-perfect format above...

Or would it be better to post-process atyle-formatted code to untangle

    #if FOO {
    }

lines?

Cheers,