Re: src/Makefile.am:200: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined error,squid3

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 05:22:11 +0100

mån 2008-01-07 klockan 02:30 -0800 skrev Arthur Tumanyan:

> Arthur Tumanyan wrote:
> >
> > Hi,I'm currently working above mysql logging feature for
> > squid3(cleanly,not a plugin like previous version for squid.2.6).
> > And the trouble is the message in subject when i do ./bootstrap.sh.
> > I don't think it's a result of incorrect code.
> > Any ideas what's the conflict here?
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > WBR,A.Tumanyan
> >
> Can anyone tell me what version of libtool is nessesary for squid3
> compilation?

All the required libtool files hould be bundled with squid3...

but if you bootstrap the sources yourself you may need libtool
installed, but it probably works just removing hte libtool step from
bootstrap.sh.

If I am not mistaken the error you see is actually an aclocal error
where aclocal fails to pick up the system installed libtool macros. Try
adding -I/usr/local/share/aclocal/ to the aclocal line in bootstrap.sh
(or alternatively -I/usr/share/aclocal/ depending on how libtool was
packaged).

aclocal is from the automake package, and upgrading to a newer automake
may help if this is the problem.

Regards
Henirk