Re: assertion failed: ipcache.cc:995: "tmpbuf" in 3.HEAD-CVS

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:41:22 +1300

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> It clashes with my experimental results which made me start on the CNAME
>> effort in the first place. But saying that, the failover code has had
>> much improvement since then which may have skewed the results.
>
> Do you have example sites where this is happening?

My main test site was www.kame.net, which back then resolved only to
orange.kame.net which played some tricks depending on the IP-protocol of
the requesting DNS server.

A test right now with dig show they have changed this behaviour so that
test has gone. And I'm no longer doing a transition chain on my own DNS
(its nasty and I'm not going to go back there).

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.