Re: 'include' directive in squid-2.HEAD

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:26:53 +1300

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Precisely, the goal I'm vectoring in from is a basic squid.conf
>> installed as currently done.
>> And also providing an online community-developed library of relatively
>> self-complete include files to perform certain common or tricky actions.
>>
>> Rather than installing any splits in the default install.
>
> Hey I don't care how we split things in the default install, except:
>
> * The squid.conf installed by default is insanely huge and should be trimmed
> right back, and
> * We do -something- about it..

First steps can already be taken:

1) bundle cfgman with releases.
   ** someone very familiar with the snapshot and release scripts needs
to do that. I tried it and got it wrong here before xmas.

2) drop cfgman comments from squid.conf.default
   ** any of us could do that *after* the above to by removing the
comment print from get_conf() in cf_gen.cc

That alone drops squid.conf to around 4KB IIRC.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.