Re: now I it's possible compile squid with mysql

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:18:03 +1300

Arthur Tumanyan wrote:
> Hi,today I could compile squid3 with mysql.
> Is there any ideas to do something else with this feature except access.log
> entries logging?

Possibly any number of things. These few come to mind immediately:

   authentication??
     passed a query with encoded parameters for user/pass etc.

   db-stored ACL
     one or more ACL types which pull their data from mysql

   config stored in DB
     a squid.conf directive like the new include which pulls lines as
single column rows from a db.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.