Re: tproxy testing

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:28:20 +1300

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I'm trying to get tproxy working, and I'm stuck trying to build a kernel
> with both capabilities -and- the latest tproxy-2 stuff that Squid supports.
>
> So far I've got a 2.6.20 vanilla kernel which I've patched tproxy-2 into.
> That works fine, but there's no capabilities support in the vanilla kernel
> and thus Squid disables tproxy support.
>
> Any hints? I'm not a Linux person, and the last time I was a
Linux-centric
> person this vendor patched kernel mess wasn't an issue.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Adrian

Judging by the google results it look like the capability.h file can be
located in at least three different places. linux/capability.h,
sys/capability.h (squid only tests for this one), and
sys/security/capability.h

I just downloaded 2.6.20.21 from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.20.21.tar.gz

It has include/linux/security/capability.h and security/capability.c
So I would assume its installed under sys/security/capability.h or
linux/security/capability.h somewhere.

If in doubt 'updatedb' and when its done 'locate capability.h'

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+