s u b s c r i b e

From: ian j hart <ianjhart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:43:03 +0000

[resend: apologies if you get this twice. Aparently ezmlm is dumb as apost.]

Hello squid-dev

My name is Ian Hart (not the actor). I am a school ICT technician from the UK.
That means I do the job of a network manager/system admin, but get paid less.

I have a working prototype for an external acl helper which gives "access
denied" some teeth. If it works this should be the killer app addon for
schools. Caveat: requires a traditional proxy with auth, not transparent.

See the "auto blacklist users" thread (Dec 5th 2007 - Jan 12th 2008) on
squid-users, where I talk to myself a lot.

Moderator should read this...
http://marc.info/?l=squid-users&m=120084131328025&w=2
where, in a variation on a quip by Groucho Marx, I try to explain to Henrik
why I don't qualify to join this list and he tries to convince me otherwise.

superpower: attracts bugs

--
ian j hart