Re: Forward architecture.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 21:24:15 +0900

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >Thats basically what Robert was proposing with his method changes
> >in squid-3 a few years ago.
> >
> >Of course, what you really want to do is break out all of the magic
> >url manipulation stuff that happens for acceleration, because -that- stuff
> >gets rewritten far before the forwarding manager gets its hands dirty..
> >

> Code references?

clientReadRequest()
clientParseRequest()
parseHttpRequest()
prepareTransparentURL() or prepareAcceleratedURL()

prepareTransparentURL() actually looks at the -unparsed headers- to grab
the Host: header, for example, because the request isn't parsed yet..

Thats the kinda mess that has to be sorted out in the client side.

It'd also be reasonably fantastic to be able to run a lot of these
request parsing routines before we begin checking for ACL and forwarding;
give the CPU caches time to adequately take advantage of, well, caching,
before we blow it by running through megabytes of random data and
code. :)

Adrian