Re: ayjwork squid3/src HttpRequestMethod...

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:10:02 -0700

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 19:37 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> >> The biggest possible hit I've seen so far with the enum change is the
> >> store MD5's, they currently use the int value of the enum. I'm not sure
> >> if it would matter making them always use the image() string instead.
> >> They are certainly capable of it, just the side-effects need checking.
> >> src/store_key_md5.cc:120
> >> src/store_key_md5.cc:139
> >
> > Extension methods are not cachable, but we need to check whether having
> > the same id() or key() for multiple methods is going to create problems.
> > I doubt it will because all these store entries should remain private.
>
> Changing the MD5 affects both private and public (GET, HEAD, etc I
> assume?) store MD5 functions.

But we are not planning on changing anything in that regard, are we? We
will keep passing method.id() to the key generator, right? My [mild]
concern is that the id is now the same for all non-standard methods, but
I hope that is not important as far as store is concerned because the
entries will be private (i.e., one entry will never match others).

> > I am fine with keeping method_t exposed if hiding it creates too many
> > problems. Let's just replace the conversion operator with id() and get
> > rid of EXT values, I guess.
>
> The compile and unit-test fixes are done and a patch ready (attached) if
> you want to test it.

I will not have time to test it now and do not want to bother you with
minor comments. Please commit when you feel comfortable.

Thank you,

Alex.