Re: integrating husni's ipv6 patch into squid-2

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:37:39 +0900

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008, Guido Serassio wrote:

> I don't like so much the addition of IPv6 to Squid-2 for two main reasons:
>
> - This could be a very dangerous thing for the Windows
> compatibility, see the impact of the IPv6 merge into Squid-3, even
> with the C++ help.

Looking at it, XP and later has a sockaddr_storage of sorts:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740504(VS.85).aspx

Hm, the earliest appearance of this is Windows XP SDK; which means
either faking it (and having to provide local versions of all the
library functions that support it) or abstract it out enough so
a v4-only build only affects a small area of the codebase (ie,
somewhat what Amos has done in -3.)

If we wanted to target very old NIX platforms (ie, ones without
any v6 support in the C libraries) then we'd have to do this anyway.

Hm, it shouldn't be all that hard. Let me think about it a little.

Adrian