a simple formatter

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:26:04 +0200

Hi all,

I wrote a small perl script which fixes (some of) the astyle problems.

Before use it, you must adjust the $ASTYLE_BIN variable at the beggining
of the formatter.pl file.

I am running it using the following command:
  # find . -name "*.cc" -exec formater.pl \{\} \;
but it can take multiple files as arguments.

I used it with astyle versions 1.18 and 1.21. I did not do extensive
tests, so I am sure it contains bugs :-). Please use it with caution.

I tried to implement Alex suggestions. For the problem discussion look
at the thread:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200801/0019.html

This script starts the astyle and attach one filter in its input and one
in its output, using pipes.

The input filter search for "unsigned int XXXXX:1;" cases and convert
them to "unsigned int XXXXX__FORASTYLE__1;".

The output filter search for "unsigned int XXXXX__FORASTYLE__1;"
patterns and convert them back to the original text.
Also it search for the cases "#preprocessor directive {" or "{
#preprocessor_directive" and fix them.

Do we need something like that? Any comments/suggestions? Any testers?

Regards,
    Christos