Re: a simple formatter

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:31:06 +1300 (NZDT)

> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 21:26 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
>> Do we need something like that? Any comments/suggestions? Any testers?
>
> I believe we do and I appreciate you working on it! Please try to fix
> the remaining problems Amos pointed out.
>
> Also, can you apply it to the entire Squid tree, remove all whitespace,
> and calculate md5, comparing that with the virgin whitespace-less tree?
> The MD5s should be the same, right?

Oooh. Nice test.

> This is not a perfect check because spaces within strings/etc are
> stripped and not checked, but it is a pretty good one.

It will also miss the "#if 0 {" block problem.
Though my unit-test for that will catch it any any other whitsspace-exact
case we care to write the test for.

We may need a compile test for any other similar ones that have not had
test-cases written.

Just have to figure out the best way to have the test file built into the
codebase for automatic testing.

Amos