Re: two xasserts in squid3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:10:43 +1300 (NZDT)

> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 10:15 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> What I'm seeing with the auto-docs work is that a lot of header
>> files
>> include squid.h or protos.h for one or two simple things. That file
>> brings with it a host of type-dependencies, directly or indirectly
>> that
>> clutter up the whole header include process for compiling.
>
> One of the things I'd most love to see is the modularisation completed -
> complete deletion of protos.h, structs.h, typedefs.h.

Ditto for globals.h. (Every global has a type yes? thus a unique header
where its appropriate.)

I'm willing to commit time to that if we can agree on the 'old' files that
need removing and the scope of the remining ones.
I have seen a few things that made me think squid.h and defines.h may need
to (merge?) stick around under a better definition of content.

FWIW the keyword 'typedef' is as evil in C++ as #define, and only 'goto'
is worse (and completely unnecessary since functional-C deprecated
pascal).

yes folks, we have all three in Squid still!

Amos