Re: meetup occuring in London

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:53:42 +0900

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008, Robert Collins wrote:

> > Definitely, especially with the launch of yahoo live!; afaik, there's a
> > private online ability with this, which should allow easy interaction
> > with sound & video especially with the hookup of a projector at the
> > meeting end.
>
> We've tried this sort of thing numerous times at ubuntu development
> sessions; my experience to date is that they are time consuming to set
> up, significantly reduce the bandwidth available between the folk
> physically there (its ~ 300ms rtt to talk to someone in perth from
> London).

I'd like to try. I think its a bit silly to hold a design and brainstorming
without the squid core members able to have some sort of presence.
Speaking purely for myself, I've spent the last couple of years fiddling
with this stuff, researching how other applications are written and getting
my head around all the various issues preventing Squid from being "fast";
it'd be a bit silly for us not to include that.

Adrian