Re: eCAP: expose Squid or link with eCAP lib?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:05:05 +0100

On Feb 14, 2008 5:09 PM, Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Squid eCAP branch already has limited support for loadable
> modules. I have also written some eCAP-specific code, but I am not
> satisfied with its design yet. This may be the last opportunity to
> change things without rewriting a lot of code so I would love to get
> your feedback and ideas.
[...]

> 1) Expose Squid internals [...]
>
> 2) Link with an eCAP library:[...]

> I like the straightforwardness of (1) but it is crude and messy.
> I like the elegance of (2) but it is more work.
> Currently, I favor (2) but I want to hear what others think.

I'd like (1) better. There is no need to fossilize to any given
interface, it'll just become unwanted baggage.
We can (and should) work on tidying up squid's internal so that they
become more like (2), and that' s one of the reasons for the jump to
c++.

But the final word belongs to he who will code this :)

--
    /kinkie