Re: Time for squid 3.0 STABLE2 ?

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:18:34 +0100

Hi Amos,

At 00:04 20/02/2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What about to release squid 3.0 STABLE2 ?
> >
> > I think that there are many patches already applied to HEAD-3 that
> > could be applied also to SQUID_3_0.
> >
> > If needed, I could try to contribute in the back port of some patch.
> >

>I've been thinking along those lines myself for a while.
>
>Its a question of who does it, and which changesets. Whan I last looked at
>it I found a number that I could not confirm whether or not they were
>actually applicable to 3.0.
>
>There is also some small task of removing the back-ported changes from the
>3-HEAD list of changes-since-3.0.
>
>I have some time now, if you like I can go through and pull up a list of
>those changesets I think should go in and the original author say
>yay/nay/backport-needed.

I think that last word about any changeset should probably come from
the release manager.
So the first step is to identify a list of proposed changes, and
after approve the really needed.

There are other opinions about STABLE2 ?

FYI: during the whole next week I will out of office and without a
reliable Internet connection.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/