Re: squid3 future directory structure

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:23:00 +0100

Hi Alex,

At 00:25 20/02/2008, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> > We had many problems on Windows in the past during the C++ refactoring.
>
>Do you still have those problems (we do use many capitalization styles
>right now)? Or is mixed case only a problem when we rename/move things
>and then there is no problem once things settle down? If it is the
>latter, then polishing capitalization (e.g., converting all dirs to
>lower_case) would create problems for you again!

The problem was generated from file names different only in the case,
like file.cc and File.cc: for the Windows file system they are the
same file, but not for Linux/Unix.

Currently there are no special problems, the only annoying thing is
that sometime CVS doesn't like the case of a file, but deleting it
and running CVS again fixes the problem

Changing the case of files/dir will not be a problem if we will avoid
upper/lower case collisions.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/