Re: squid3 future directory structure

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:47:57 +0100

fre 2008-02-22 klockan 11:29 -0700 skrev Alex Rousskov:
> On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 19:23 +0100, Guido Serassio wrote:
>
> > Changing the case of files/dir will not be a problem if we will avoid
> > upper/lower case collisions.
>
> This only applies to files in the same directory, right? AFAICT,
> filenames from different directories may still collide and even have
> identical case.

Bad idea even then. The files is easily confused by humans. If someone
says file.cc in a dicsussion do he mean src/File.cc or lib/File.cc?

And a really really bad idea for include files unless in a specific
include subdir (#include "subdir/file.h"). For example case-insensitive
filesystems will fail if both include/ and src/ has a .h file of the
same name differing only in case.

Also not sure what happens if we (or libtool) build a common lib archive
of objects with the same name from differnt directories, but I think
that will fail as well.