Re: bzr cutover timetable

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:45:28 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi,
>
> At 13:47 02/03/2008, Robert Collins wrote:
>>Henrik and I have been fine tuning the bzr configuration instructions
>>and checking everything is sufficiently good to migrate across to.
>>
>>We propose to cut across on Tuesday; if there are no objections, then at
>>1200 UTC Tuesday, squid3 CVS will be frozen, and the import recreated.
>>The import takes a few hours but should be completed late
>>tuesday/wednesday at the latest.

For me fine too; just one question:

On the wiki you still have:

"
    * Migrate in progress development branches
hno: I wote no on this. It's up to respective sub-project to merge over if
they like.
"

Is there going to be a merge script/method available to pull history over
or is it going to be just create a new branch and apply the latest CVS
patch?

> For me is fine.
> But just a request: please before publish somewhere the binary
> package availability and all the instructions and tips needed to use
> bzr on all the platforms used for development: Linux, Windows, *BSD,
> Solaris, Irix, Tru64, AIX, etc.

Here is what is available so far Guido:

  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid3VCS

Amos