Re: TProxy support

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:36:37 +0900

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008, Laszlo Attila Toth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We only supports TProxy version 4.1 but in the squid "--enable-tproxy"
> requires version 2 which is obsolete for a while.

G'day,

There's a patch in the Squid bugzilla somewhere which implements tproxy
support against Squid-2. I'd like to include this into Squid-2, but:

* We can't just drop tproxy-2 support, as people are currently using it;
* I'd like to support both this and the FreeBSD transparency methods
  (I've got some test code for a FreeBSD version of your work, against
  FreeBSD-current)
* So what I'd like to do is (simply!) break out the tproxy-specific code
  in Squid-2 and create tproxy2, tproxy4 and freebsd modules for
  transparency.

Adrian