Re: [MERGE] Remove old .h file tests from unit-testing

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:23:01 -0600

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 00:03 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> - removes squid.h includes from many unit-tests

I think this is a step backwards (which may be OK as a temporary
measure, but I think there are better ways to deal with the problem at
hand).

IMO, virtually all Squid sources should include (directly or indirectly)
squid.h as the first include file. In my experience, this design is very
useful for portability and other hacks.

The squid.h file itself should have little more than a guarded config.h
include, of course. We have the opposite situation now where squid.h
includes "half" of Squid headers (directly or indirectly). That should
be fixed.

I would rather see squid.h cleaned up (which is trivial) and
SquidDirty.h file temporary introduced for those source files that need
the current dirty include-everything squid.h. This way, virtually all
sources, including test cases, can continue to include squid.h. Some
will also include SquidDirty.h. Uses of SquidDirty.h will be slowly
weeded out.

Thank you,

Alex.