Re: [squid-core] v3 roadmap

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:46:12 -0600

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 15:24 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 11:15 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> >
> >> - I'm kind of in favour of it as a pure file-movements-only
> >> alteration. 3.2 has no feature-requests yet and back-porting across a
> >> file-re-arranged setup is likely to be more trouble than its worth.
> >
> > bzr tracks renames and merges changes across them fine. bzr operates
> > using abstract file identifiers, separate from the file names.
> >
> > you only run into trouble from tree reshuffles if you split/merge files,
> > or don't tell bzr that you are renaming a file..
> >
> > bzr help mv
> >

> Well, in light of that I don't have any objections to starting the
> re-ordering now.

OK. My plan is to publish the first eCAP-related changes for review and
then start working on a cleanup patch.

> I'd like to be closely involved though to get my head around the changes.

Sure. Please review the source cleanup feature and raise any objections.
I will start with the big changes already listed there, I guess.

Let's move further discussions, if any to squid-dev.

Thank you,

Alex.