Re: TPROXY support in Squid 3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:40:21 +0200

mån 2008-03-31 klockan 13:31 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> What about Adrian plans (if I understood them correctly) to add
> TPROXY-like support to FreeBSD but not for TPROXY4-like API? Is that a
> good enough reason to continue supporting unsupported TPROXY versions?

FreeBSD and TPROXY4 uses pretty much the same API.

Earlier TPROXY versions is quite different.

Yes, having clean support for multiple APIs is nice, and for Squid-3 we
should have TPROXY4 + Adrians FreeBSD thing.

If either one want's to spend time on making the older TPROXY support
fit in a such framework I won't object strongly, but I see no reason to
bother doing so.

But yes, it's reasonable to request that TPROXY4 is added using a
reasonably pluggable interface in Squid-3 instead of #ifdefs within the
code, making way for Adrian to later add the similar FreeBSD glue while
keeping the code clean.