Re: [squid-users] squid-3.0.STABLE3 make error in dns_internal.cc

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 01:27:12 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tis 2008-04-01 klockan 23:34 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>
>> The fix will be in tomorrows daily snapshot.
>>
>> I'm also repeating my pre-commit test cycle to see if I can figure how
>> this got through in the first place.
>
> I propose we withdraw 3.0.STABLE3, and release 3.0.STABLE4 shortly with
> this fix and a couple other fixes such as the incremental fix to the
> list header parser where the implementation you merged into 3.0 was
> incomplete.

I agree on the withdrawal of STABLE3, but going back to STABLE2 with its
auth regression is a big ask. For now I have taken baby steps and rolled
STABLE4 with only this critical regression fix on top of the previous
STABLE3.

That back-port is non-critical right? It's been broken for months. So it
can wait a few days/weeks in the snapshots for some further testing
before the next cycled release.

> On the good side I am almost finished with adopting the changesets
> "browser" for bzr, so maintenance should be a bit more familiar in an
> hour or so..

Another good reason to hold off on the backports a while then. As I
learn this new interface.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE19 or 3.0STABLE3