Re: bzr send

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 22:46:45 +0200

ons 2008-04-02 klockan 21:16 +0200 skrev Henrik Nordstrom:
> ons 2008-04-02 klockan 10:51 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:
>

> > I doubt bzr managed to generate a proper bundle, even though I did
> > follow instructions and did _not_ commit before running the two commands
> > below.
>
> You need to commit on a branch before send.
>
> send is for submitting the contents of a branch for merge.

Forgot to say.. if you want to sumbit uncommitted changes and do not
want to bother with setting up a branch for it then just send a "bzr
diff". It's generally sufficient, and if you haven't committed the
change to your sources then there is no revision to track for merges..

You can also use "bsr commit --local" to commit the change only to your
local repository shadow without immediately pushing it upstream using
send or other methods, but keep in mind that it will make your trunk
derive from the main trunk until resolved, and gets somewhat messy if
you then want to commit another change to the upstream before this...
(but still doable)