Re: bzr issues

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:22:13 -0600

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 08:55 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 15:52 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> > > Amos wasn't entirely clear in his initial report. What is happening is
> > > that bzr send when there is no detected desktop mail client is providing
> > > a text editor window with *no* facility for setting the subject.
> > >
> > > This is clearly a usability bug, and once fixed the issue will go away.
> > > There is a bug open on this now.
> >
> > The second bug is that the default subject for desktop mail clients is
> > wrong.
>
> You want just [MERGE] right ?

This is something that bzr developers should decide.

IMHO, "[MERGE] " or "[MERGE] PUT SUBJECT HERE" or even "[MERGE] PUT
SUBJECT HERE <unique ID>" may work, I guess.

The [MERGE] prefix seems to be needed because otherwise most folks will
not know it is required for integration with other tools. However, if
those tools differ in their requirements or often not used, then an
empty subject is the best solution (some mailers will warn about it
even).

Thanks,

Alex.