squid-2 dataflow and copying changes

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:05:10 +0800

G'day,

One of my contracts is to improve dataflow and reduce copying in Squid-2.
I've got one major bug in Squid-2.HEAD / Squid-2.7 to fix (>4k response
headers for disk objects) which will probably be fixed as part of this
work.

This'll involve bringing over various parts of my Squid-2 work in s26_adri
into the main tree. I'll initially bring over some of the code reshuffling
and the string related changes. Once those are stable and functioning well,
I'll look at bringing over some other parts of the work - referenced strings,
writev() for request/reply information.

s26_adri as a whole is a reasonably big cooking pot of changes and I won't
bring them all over in one sweep.

I'll probably begin work on this (in parallel with my client-side delay pools
work) in the next week or so.

Adrian