Re: [MERGE-3.0] Support large response headers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 01:23:03 +0200

sön 2008-04-06 klockan 10:48 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> Placing a _temporary_ hold until I (or somebody) tests this with ICAP.
> If nobody can, I should be able to in a couple of days. We had quite a
> few bugs in 3.0 because of things being backported so let's try to be a
> little bit more careful here.

That's fine. But from what I can tell there should not be any problem.
ICAP respmod_precache uses StoreheEntry::replaceHttpReply which fulfills
all requirements of the reply needed by the change.

The change is isolated to the reply path just after the store, not
touching how data ends up in the store.

The first step of the patch which touches http.cc before data is fed to
ICAP has been tested with ICAP, and has also been cooking in trunk for
the last months (since Jan 7). But only in trunk...

> I hesitate blocking v3.1 submission without a proof that it breaks
> things, but I will test it as well.

Good.

I propose we commit the change to trunk, and run verifications there. If
it doesn't break things verify the 3.0 version and commit that.