Re: [MERGE] Support large response headers

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:58:37 +0800

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> m??n 2008-04-07 klockan 01:07 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:
>
> > As discussed on IRC, I'm not sure where in 2.5/2.6 the response status/headers
> > are allowed to grow past 4k _AND_ be parsed.
>
> >From what it seems it's not...
>
> 2.7 (and 3 with the submitted patch) behaves better there.. only having
> problems on cache hits, and if I am not mistaken it then falls back on
> cache miss instead of feeding the client the raw unparsed data...

Ok. I've begun shuffling around stuff in 2.HEAD to make fixing this stuff
possible.

The first snippet of refactoring, which has been committed:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/HEAD/changesets/12032.patch

Shuffling the storeClientReadHeaders() stuff out of client_side.c and into
store_client.c in preparation to teach all the other store clients about it:

http://www.creative.net.au/diffs/20080407-squid-2.HEAD-storeclient-headers-1.diff

Comments please!

Adrian