Re: TPROXY support in Squid 3

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:31:01 +0800

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> We have come up with a 'final-beta' patch for squid-3 now.
> http://treenet.co.nz/projects/squid/patches/tproxy-squid-3_20080407.patch
> Just waiting on Laszlo final approval.
>
> It's pretty much:
>
> * adding a COMM_TRANSPARENT flag to comm_openex(...)

This is the only thing I'm a bit weird on. This means that the same flag
to TPROXY is used for outgoing sockets and incoming sockets?

I'm thinking about seperating them just to make it absolutely clear -
it doesn't matter that the backend sends the same sockopt and calls the same
bind().

I don't think it matters in the FreeBSD case either as I'm pretty sure
the patch I have here uses the same flag for incoming and outgoing sockets.

What do you (and others) think?

Adrian