Re: Squid Throughput/Performance Testing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 17:29:54 +0200

tis 2008-04-08 klockan 13:57 +0100 skrev Bradley Kite:
> Any hints/tips that you can recomend on a low budget? I've looked at
> Web Polygraph, and in a lab environment this seems excellent, but I
> think it requires more hardware than I have available to me.

There is a number of other tools simpler tools available. But they are
not as complete as Web-Polygraph.

Apache Benchmark (ab)
httperf
Apache flood
Some test tools included in the Squid source distribution
many others found out on the net

But keep in mind that these are just test & benchmark tools. You should
not compare any results seen with real live traffic. It's only
meaningful to compare the same benchmark run on different
software/configurations, or to get a rough feeling of things..