Re: Squid feature: http uploads archive

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:18:55 +0200

mån 2008-04-21 klockan 15:47 +0530 skrev C.S.R.C.Murthy:
> We intend to develop a squid plugin for the purpose of archiving
> http uploads happening through squid proxy server. We think that we
> have to tweak "ClientStreamsAPI" . Am I right?.

Not sure the ClientStreamsAPI fits yet.. it mostly deals with the
BodyPipe associated with the request.. Long term we should get this
unified to a single API model for any kind of "stream", but we are not
there today.

This said ICAP do have the hooks you need for your project. So you
either can do it using ICAP, or look into how ICAP plugs into the
request stream.

The eCAP project run by Alex may also be interesting to you. Inline ICAP
transactions within the Squid process itself without relying on an
external ICAP server daemon.