squid DTD project question

From: Darius BUFNEA <bufny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:12:06 +0300 (EEST)

Dear Sirs,

I want to know what's the status of the Squid Duplicate Transfer Detection
project. A recent analysis I have performed on our department proxy
server's cache shows that around 12% of the cache objects are duplicates,
and these duplicate objects occupy around 10% of the total cache space. On
the squid devel web site the last news about the project is almost 5 years
old, and my measurements show that the project deserve to be continued.
Since I am not able to download the DSA and DTD patches from the squid
devel web site, would you be so kind to inform me about the current status
of the project and if there are any available related patches for squid
(DSA and DTD)?

Best regards,

Darius Bufnea
Department of Computer Science
``Babes-Bolyai'' University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania