Re: client_side and comm_close

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 21:01:32 -0600

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 11:52 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> fre 2008-04-18 klockan 08:25 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:
>
> > The changes needed on the client-side are pretty much unrelated to async
> > calls. Async calls just make the design problems more obvious and help
> > in solving them. Removing async calls from comm will fix a few bugs, but
> > will be a step backwards and will make ongoing code cleanup more
> > difficult.
>
> Here is a different proposal.

I agree with many of your specific suggestions (and will discuss them
separately), but I want to understand what problem you are proposing to
solve first. For example:

- Fix a few new bugs introduced by async calls.
- Fix certain comm API problems.
- Improve client-side code.
- Something else.

This thread was just about improving client-side code (more
specifically, when to do it), but the responses seem to be are all over
the map so I am trying to understand what the goal is before diving into
specific development ideas.

Thank you,

Alex.