Chunk encoding

From: Maliling List, Westerhold, Axel <ml.awesterhold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:56:11 +0200

Good morning from finally sunny Germany,

for those of you having a litte time left for a question :-)

I am seeing growing problems with chunk encoding mainly with ICAP enabled on
squid 3.0 STABLE1 to STABLE4.

A.) Blackberries requesting http content through squid will not work
B.) Safari Browsers will not work correctly (OS X and Win)
C.) Older Firefox Versions (1.5 or below Win32) will not work correctly

'Will not work' comes down to will not work through ICAP when then
responding server incorrectly uses Chunked enconding on HTTP 1.0 from squid.

As it seems the packets will enter ICAP with a proper chunk encoding header
(incl. Length), will be returned with the header set correctly (including
length) but will reach the client with the header set but Length missing. I
am rather confident this time it isn't the ICAP client (webwasher).

One way to get at least Safari working is to use

reply_header_access Transfer-Encoding deny all

I haven't tested this with older Firefox and Blackberries (don't have one).

Before I start to go through 3STABLE4 (which failed misserably the last time
I tried :-)) I thought I better ask if someone saw this before or might have
a patch already. Running through the archives turned up nothing relevant.

Regards,
Axel