Re: ICAP - X-Client-IP header in respmod

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:40:48 -0600

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 11:45 +0200, karel - wrote:

> Using ICAP servers with Squid, I saw that Squid does not provide
> X-Client-IP header in respmod (header is present in reqmod).
> Not really a bug, but it makes it harder to follow HTTP
> request/response exchanges with an ICAP server.
>
> Is it linked to Squid or ICAP stack implementation, and is it possible
> to see this header provided in a future version ?

Please post this as an enhancement request to Squid bugzilla.

FWIW, if your primary goal is to correlate Squid and ICAP Server
transactions, I would propose adding an X-Squid-Xact ICAP request header
that will carry a unique (within a single Squid run) Squid HTTP
transaction identifier and possibly a unique Squid ICAP transaction
identifier as well.

Those transaction IDs are already logged in cache.log with sufficient
debugging verbosity level. We can also add a feature to log HTTP
transaction ID to access.log.

Thank you,

Alex.