Re: [squid-users] Adding Header file

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:51:58 +1200

Paras Fadte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it necessary to have a zero argument constructor If there is a
> one/two/three etc argument constructor in C++ ?

Not required by C++, but the code and usage may make one necessary.

You can have as many constructor parameters as you need from 0 up. And
as many different constructors as you need to do different jobs.

The only 'rule' we have in squid is that if you do have a 'default'
constructor (ie one with no parameters) you must also have a proper
destructor and assignment operator: operator=(...)

> Also, what is the
> significance of using size_t instead of a "int" data type ?

size_t is named to describe its use. It's unsigned to record the length
of things.
IIRC there is a different contextual meaning in squid. Hopefully one of
the others can tell us both what.

Amos