Re: Proxy-Authenticate/Proxy-Authorization headers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 03:07:46 +0200

On fre, 2008-05-02 at 19:51 +0300, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> According to the rfc standard the Proxy-Authenticate and
> Proxy-Authorization are hop-by-hop headers but in practice there are
> cases where these headers should forwarded.
> Currently squid2.6 and squid3.0 forward these headers, but squid3-trunk
> does not.

2.6 only forwards the response header, not the request header.
Forwarding of the request header has to be explicitly enabled in
cache_peer using the login= option. From what I can tell it's the same
in 3.0.

The response header SHOULD only get forwarded if we may forward the
request header for the same path. No need for yet another config option
for this.