Re: Hello Squid's World

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 00:12:52 +1200

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 02:38 -0300, Bruno Moreira Guedes wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm Bruno Moreira Guedes, from Brazil(sorry, I don't speak english
>> very well, but I'm trying).
>> I'm a C/C++ programmer, and I work with integrating software(hardware
>> X software, software X software).
>>
>> I'm a student too, so I want to involve squid with my project. I need
>> to develop an UML project.
>> As I could see, squid is now trying to be object-oriented(or
>> multiparadigm), so it's nice to expose the transforming process.
>>
>> If I develope this project using squid as an example, should it be
>> useful for you?
>
> Personally, I do not know how UML is related to software. Could you give
> some examples that illustrate why somebody may want to use UML with
> Squid?

There are a few UML's known to me. The one I think of here I learnt way
back as a Student. It was a modeling system for code paths. The kind of
think an experienced developer does in their head. Or when needing to
present a written report about code.

That might be useful to lay Adrians worries about well-defined API's to
rest.

I'm just not sure what Bruno's UML is though. Some examples would
likewise be interesting.

If you want a real challenge Bruno; having a usable model of the squid
comm layer alone would be a great huge benefit.