Re: status of internal redirectors?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 08:35:53 -0600

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 12:08 +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Is the internal rewrite work going to go into a release any time soon?
> It looks quite useful.
>
> Also, from browsing through the code briefly, it looks like it would
> be fairly easy to hook things up so that you could configure the
> request sent to the external helper (as with other helpers), so you
> can do things like rewrite based upon a cookie... also very useful.

I am not sure this is the same topic, but I have already raised doubts
(on the wiki and in the bug report) that we should extend the
Squid-specific helper interface significantly beyond its current
relatively simple state. I still believe it is worth discussing whether
more complex uses should be routed through ICAP or eCAP instead of
slowly inventing yet another complicated and poorly maintained traffic
adaptation interface.

Alex.