Re: Hello Squid's World

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 22:52:00 +1200

Bruno Moreira Guedes wrote:
> 2008/5/8 Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>:
>> Bruno,
>>
>> Please note that your response was addressed to me personally,
>> again. Amos and the rest of the developers will not see it. You should
>> bounce it to the squid-dev mailing list, I think.
>>

> Sorry, I mistake twice... It's the bad pratice caused by the
> day-by-day fast run!!
> Now everybody will see it!
>
>>> Now I'm ready to do the work and send it for you. I'll choose a single
>>> part of squid's API to use as sample, probably a part which will be
>>> probably changed, like the Store or the ACL API(as I read in the TODO
>>> list). After documenting that and the proccess envolving it, I want to
>>> 'challenge' this by projecting and discussing some changes before
>>> doing it, to see the results.
>> I do not know which TODO list you are reading (there are many,
>> unfortunately), but I would recommend focusing on client_side* or comm*
>> APIs in Squid3 if you are looking for the code that is going to be
>> changed relatively soon and the code that is of interest to many
>> developers.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Alex.
>>

> The TODO I've read is that at the top-level of the squid3's CVS
> tree(/TODO/1.76/Tue Dec 18 12:15:34 2007//). It also includes the
> client_side* and the comm* APIs on the list.
>
> []'s
> --Bruno M Guedes

Ah that one.

  Note that one of the recent entries is to go through it and prune out
the bits that are done or obsolete. :-)

I've updated the bits I know are now done and added a reference to the
current wiki plans.

All: Someone with a longer knowledge of squid may want to go through
and cull more of the entries.