Re: Problems with Limecast Server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:01:15 +0200

On fre, 2008-05-16 at 23:17 +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:

> As far as i can tell, the server is Limecast 2.0.0. When the squid-Proxy
> is being used, the mp3-stream is terribly broken. Without squid
> inbetween and the server and my client (mplayer, audacious and the like)
> the stream works fine.

Limecast is not using HTTP. It accepts HTTP requests, but it's responses
is not HTTP even if it could have been.

To Squid the response looks like an headerless HTTP/0.9 response.

Old versions of Squid passes such responses as-is, but the latest
versions upgrade the seemingly HTTP/0.9 response to the HTTP version of
Squid to avoid a number of issues at the HTTP protocol layer.

> So "ICY 200 OK" is very much not HTTP - yet the protocol seems to be
> HTTP-like.

Indeed.

> Any thoughts, on how to handle this?

When such servers is found, add them to your blacklist of servers which
should not be transparently redirected to Squid.