Re: Problems with Limecast Server

From: Sven Köhler <skoehler_at_upb.de>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:19:59 +0200

>> Any thoughts, on how to handle this?
>> I wish, squid would handle this case gracefully somehow.
>
> Its not HTTP; it doesn't really matter if its HTTP-like.
>
> Steven Wilton has some patches to Squid-2.6 which implement "full transparency"
> on non-HTTP looking data; perhaps you want to use those.

Sorry, i have to reply again.

I took a look at Steven's patches. They look, as far as i understand,
like they add support for non-HTTP data sent by the client.
(Some client tries to reach a server on port 80, but the client sends
some non-HTTP-request-like data).

This is not the case in my scenario.

WinAMP, mplayer, and all these clients send proper HTTP-requests to
Squid. And squid sends a proper HTTP-request to the Limecast server on
port 80.

Yet, the reply of the Linecase server is NOT a HTTP 1.x response. So
Squid gets confused and interpretates this as a HTTP 0.9 response. And
somehow, the mp3-data get's terribly broken.

These stream-servers out there on the net send this "ICY 200 OK"
response INSTEAD of the normal "HTTP/1.0 200 OK" response.

So i'm NOT looking for support of non-HTTP-requests (sent to squid by
the client), but i'm looking for support of non-HTTP-replies (sent to
squid by these non-HTTP-compliant servers)!

Any thoughts?

Regards,
   Sven