Re: Problems with Limecast Server

From: Sven Köhler <skoehler_at_upb.de>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:29:42 +0200

>> But at the moment, i'm completely irritated.
>> When i run a "wget http://streamserver" first, and then play the file
>> with mplayer, everything sounds OK.
>> But when i run "mplayer http://streamserver", then the mp3 errors occur,
>> and the playback is broken. There is some very strange thing going on here!
>
> Which Squid version? I know it's Squid-3 something, but which version?

3.0 STABLE 5

> Can you also try how it behaves with 2.7?
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/

I will try to, when i have time. (I'm using gentoo, and there's no
package yet for v2.7 - so i have to write my own package, i guess)

Actually, i'm close to reproducing the problem.
I've setup a simple server at port 80 (xinetd+shellscript) which replies
something like "ICY 200 OK\r\n\r\n[mp3stream]" to any connect on port
80. And now i think that i can show data corruptions. (it even happens
with wget this time, i think - actually, sometimes the connection even
aborts after only 1MB of about 4.5MB have been received - without squid
inbetween, everything works like a charm)