Re: Adding SCTP support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 21:55:57 +1200

Pranav Desai wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> What would you suggest should be the way to include SCTP support in Squid 3.0 ?

As Henrik said it sound like you are on the right track However I would
make two suggestions.
It's slightly too late for 3.0, take a look at the 3.1 code instead.

In order to make Squid select some SCTP and some TCP you may also need
to look into an ACL control for people to setup their own decision
logics of when to try each. With a failover, as a first guestimate I'd
think SCTP when asked, with old TCP as a backup if it fails.