Subscription User Introduction

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:45:53 -0500

Greetings to all of the developers,

As per the squid website, I am taking a moment to introduce myself to
the list. My name is Nicholas Ritter, I am a network/systems engineer
working for a small retail chain in the Midwest of the US. I have been
using Linux since about 1997 and squid since about 2003. I have deployed
squid with .pac type deployments and transparent deployments for
cross-platform clients on networks between several hundred and several
thousand client computers. I have been working here for about 4 years
and we just started an initial deployment of squid to our remote
locations using squid 2.6 in conjunction with Cisco WCCP. I have begun
to work with Squid 3 HEAD about 4 days ago because of a need to do
TProxy client spoofing and a set of local websense reps who are not
responsive with websense/squid integration. If testing/deployment does
not work with squid 3HEAD and TProxy for some reason, we will resort to
Websense/Squid integration.

I would like to help the squid project by doing testing, documentation,
possibly web site work. My coworkers tell me I am good at writing easy
to understand documentation. I have some formal training in programming.
Our network here is grouped such that I can do various levels of testing
without drastically changing/impacting the system as a whole. I have
increasingly tighter systems monitoring as well, including NetFlow based
monitoring, SAA/RTR based monitoring, CACTI based monitoring, and
Argent.

I hope to be able to help the project and help pay back the time and
positive attitude of those already involved.

PS: Sorry if this message arrives to the list twice. I sent it initially
before list subscription and the message bounced.

Nick