Re: Bug #1893; why's it incomplete?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:56:55 +0200

On tor, 2008-06-12 at 09:56 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Yes, but there's more to Vary processing than this bug - eg, the
> "unable to establish vary_id for XXX", possible Vary storage/retrieval
> improvements, etc.

unable to.. is one of the effects of this bug.. Squid hitting an
internal state which it is not meant to hit..

> I think it would be beneficial for us to document all the crazy issues
> (and our solutions) relating to Vary processing.

Vary as such isn't that crazy, only our implementation or any other
trying to implement vary with some efficiency.. but it takes a while for
the concept to sink in properly.

The current Vary processing really should be thrown out entirely, and
replaced with something thought ground up instead of just trying to
patch over..

Regards
Herik